The Last Shangri La 10 days
DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO – THIMPHU
DAY 02: THIMPHU
DAY 03: THIMPHU – PHOBJIKHA VALLEY
DAY 04: PHOBJIKHA VALLEY – BUMTHANG
DAY 05: BUMTHANG
DAY 06: BUMTHANG – PUNAKHA
DAY 07: PUNAKHA
DAY 08: PUNAKHA – PARO
DAY 09: PARO
DAY 10: DEPART PARO
Discover the highlights of Bhutan’s popular western and spiritual central valleys in luxury. Visit Dzongs, temples, monasteries, palaces, and witness Bhutan’s ever-changing scenic beauty of forests and himalayan peaks from the comfort of a luxury 4WD. For those with a little less time or are interested in a birds-eye view, we can easily organise helicopter transfers. At the end of the day you will unwind at your luxurious accommodation, options including Taj Tashi, Uma Punakha, Amankora, Gangtey Goenpa Lodge, Um Paro and Zhiwa Ling Paro resorts, experiencing their first class service and facilities including massage, spa, well-being therapies and fine dining. This tour included a night in the stunning Phobjikha Valley, winter home of the endangered Black-Necked Crane. We can also organise a range of add-on options to you provide the most luxurious and unforgettable experience of the Dragon Kingdom.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE LAST SHANGRI-LA TOUR
‘The Last Shangri-La’ Luxury Tour explores all of the highlights of Bhutan’s western valleys, as well as the central Bumthang Valley at a relaxed pace using the most luxurious accommodations and services available in the kingdom. Ideal for those who would like to really savour their experience of Bhutan.
- Stay in a boutique range of luxurious resorts and lodges offering every modern comfort.
- Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
- Indulge in a range of holistic therapies including Ayurveda, massage and facials and meditation.
- Explore Bhutan’s central valleys, rich with ancient historical and sacred Buddhist sites.
- Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Enjoy 5 star cuisine, including an opportunity to sample some of Bhutan’s fiery Chilli dishes.
- Spend a night in the beautiful Phobjikha Valley, winter home to the Black-Necked Crane.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Marvel at the elaborate and ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys to dense forests.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.
BHUTAN TOUR DATES:
All of our Bhutan tours are private, tailor-made journeys for independent travel on dates of your choosing. We can easily customise your Bhutan tour to spend more in the places doing the activities that you are interested in. Please click on the ‘Tailor-Design This Tour’ tab above to begin customising this tour to your requirements. This tour can be experienced all year around.
WHAT WE INCLUDE IN OUR TAILOR MADE BHUTAN TOURS:
- Airfare into Bhutan including taxes.
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa fees.
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking guide/tour leader.
- Experienced driver.
- Accommodation in carefully selected, highest standard goverment approved hotels & guesthouses.
- All meals in Bhutan.
- All entrance fees and permits.